CARIBBEAN FLY FISHING AT ITS BEST
Join Nomada Fly Fish as we escape to the Caribbean island of Ambergris Caye, located off the coast of Belize, to soak in the sun and salt air while enjoying world-class saltwater fishing and all-inclusive resort accommodations at El Pescador Lodge and Villas.
For more than 40 years, El Pescador—one of the most famous fly fishing lodges in all of Central America—has been providing its guests first-rate accommodations and saltwater fly fishing experiences. In addition to being an obvious choice for anglers, the resort also provides access to dive, eco, and sightseeing adventurers for additional fees, making it the ideal location to include your non-fishing partner or spouse; make it a memorable couples trip. The resort boasts three pools and spa treatments ensuring there’s something for everyone to enjoy the best of Belize.
In addition to five nights lodging and four days guided fishing, our package also includes all meals and beverages, including domestics beers and rum. Other alcohols are available at the cash bar.
Each day you’ll be professionally guided from a flat bottom fishing boat equipped with a gas-powered motor, and polling and casting platforms. The crystal clear water is ideal for sight fishing to the ultimate saltwater grand slam of bonefish and elusive permit and tarpon. In fact, Belize features the only classic tarpon flats outside South Florida and is world-renowned for offering the opportunity to sight cast to tarpon year-round.
If you’re ready to live your best island life, give Nomada a call, and we’ll make sure your fishing getaway is one you won’t want to leave!
|Single Angler||$3,550 * **||We’ll pair you with another angler for room and guide boat|
|Two Anglers||$7,100||Two people sharing a room and guide boat|
|One Angler / One Non-Fishing||$5,750 *||Two people sharing a room but only one fishing / we’ll pair the one angler with another angler for guide boat|
|Two Non-Fishing||$4,400||Two people sharing a room but not fishing|
* Prices are based on double occupancy double-occupancy; 2 anglers/guests per room and boat
** Single room and custom packages may be available; contact host for more details
- 5 nights lodging at El Pescador Lodge and Villas Resort
- 4 days guided powerboat fishing with English speaking guides
- Transportation from Belize City to San Pedro
- All necessary ground transfers in San Pedro
- All meals and beverages (including domestic beers and rum)
- All taxes & fees
- Note: prices are per angler/guest based on double-occupancy; 2 anglers/guests per room and boat
Single room and custom packages may be available; contact host for more details
- Add additional nights to your stay at El Pescador Lodge and Villas Resort
- Spa services (massage, manicure, pedicure, and/or facial)
- Sightseeing tours to ancient Maya Ruins
- Snorkeling excursions
- Scuba diving trips and courses
- Contact your trip host for more details on adding custom options
- Welcome drink
- Complimentary use of all amenities (pools, WiFi, gym, paddleboards, kayaks, bikes, etc.)
- Air transportation to Belize City, Belize
- Fishing license
- Standard gratuity for guides
WHAT TO BRING:
- 7 to 10 weight fly rods
- Heavy taper floating fly line with tropical core
- Tropical intermediate line
- 40 to 80 pound fluorocarbon leaders
- 9 to 12 foot tapered leaders (10 to 12 pound)
- 9 to 14 foot tapered leaders (16 to 20 pound)
- Bonefish, permit, and tarpon flies (see below)
- Rain jacket
- Polarized sunglasses
BONEFISH & PERMIT FLY PATTERNS:
Bonefish can be found on a variety of flats from 6″ deep to 6 feet deep. 60% of the flies should have bead chain eyes, 30% should have lead eyes, and 10% should have plastic eyes or no eyes at all.
Permit flies should be 80% lead eyes and 20% bead chain eyes. Should be a 50/50 mix of shrimp and crab patterns.
- Christmas Island Special, Lead Eye – Pink with Tan wing, Orange with Tan wing – size 4, 6, 8
- Squimp – Tan – size 6, 8
- Crazy Charlie – Tan, White or Pink – size 6, 8
- Avalon – size 4
- Grand Slam Crab – size 6
- Gotcha – size 6
- McCrab – size 6
- Spawning Shrimp – size 6
- Mantis Shrimp – size 6, 8
- Merkin – size 4, 6
- Bauer Flats Crab – Tan – size 4
TARPON FLY PATTERNS:
Tarpon flies are generally not weighted at all.
- Tarpon Toad – size 1/0 to 3/0 – White, Chartreuse, Black, Black/Red, Tan
- Black Death – size 1/0 to 3/0
- Tarpon Bunnies – size 1/0 to 3/0- White, Chartreuse, Black, Black/Red, Olive, Tan
- Cockroach – size 1/0 to 3/0
- Deceiver – size 1/0 to 3/0 – White, Chartreuse/White, Blue/White
- Puglisi Diver – size 1/0 & 2/0 – White, Black/Purple, Black/Red
Note: The flies listed above are samples of patterns, sizes, and colors that typically work for bonefish, permit, and tarpon. This information is provided as a general guideline. You don’t need every pattern in every size and color; three to four dozen flies should suffice in most cases. They also have a limited selection of flies available for purchase at the lodge if you get in a pinch. Contact your trip host if you require further assistance.
- Saltwater flats fishing in a Caribbean island setting
- Trophy-size bonefish and other exotic saltwater species, such as permit and tarpon
- Guided fishing from a powerboat
EL PESCADOR MAIN LODGE:
Our gracious, mahogany colonial lodge is right on the beach, facing the sea, surrounded by fragrant tropical flowering plants and the whisper of shady palms—recently renovated rooms.