IT’S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME TO FISH THE JUAN
Join Nomada Fly Fish as we venture to the San Juan River, one of the best western trophy-trout tailwaters and arguably the best trout fishing you’ll find anywhere this early in the season!
The Juan” boasts an estimated 10,000 to 12,000 trout per mile in the outstanding quality water below the Navajo Dam. And in case you haven’t heard, these feisty browns and rainbows get BIG; fish in the 20 inches plus class are common, with a few exceeding 30 inches.
Our accommodations and guides are first-rate, thanks to the fine folks at Soaring Eagle Lodge. Their deluxe cabins feature angler-specific amenities like rod holders and wader hooks, two full-size beds, comfy recliners, big-screen tv, a kitchen, a bathroom with a hot shower, and a spectacular view of the river located about 30 yards from your front door.
Our days begin with a hot breakfast before the guides arrive. We’ll typically fish out of drift boats from the famous Texas Hole to the tail of the quality section. However, other floats and wade fishing options are available to accommodate your requests. The lodge will welcome us back each night with hors d’oeuvre before the chef prepares a delicious culinary dinner. Additional on-site entertainment options include a hospitality room with a pool table, shuffleboard, darts, a big-screen TV, a horseshoe pit, and a 550-square-foot deck perfect for enjoying the relaxing sights and sounds of nature.
Escape to New Mexico and experience Soaring Eagle Lodge and the San Juan River with Nomada!
- 3 Nights at Soaring Eagle Lodge
- 2 Days Guided Drift Boat Fishing
- All Meals
- All Taxes & Fees
- Staff Gratuities
- Note: the price is per angler/guest based on double occupancy; 2 anglers/guests per room. Single angler and/or individual room options may be available; contact the trip host for details
- Flies provided
- Premium rods and waders available for guest use
- In-room satellite TV & Wi-Fi
- Use of group hospitality room
- Transportation to Navajo Dam, NM
- New Mexico state fishing license
- Standard gratuity for guides
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5 to 6-weight fly rods
- Floating fly lines
- Fast sinking line (optional)
- Insulation layers
- Rain jacket
- Polarized sunglasses
- Classic western tail-water in a low desert setting
- Trophy-size rainbow and brown trout
- Primarily drift boat fishing with several opportunities to wade outside the boat
SOARING EAGLE LODGE:
Soaring Eagle Lodge is the San Juans premier accommodation with private river access exclusive to guests. Set up with the fly fisherman in mind; each cabin is equipped with rod racks and wader racks, both indoor and outdoor, for your convenience. Individual cabins are spacious and set up for your comfort with exceptional views. It’s the ideal relaxing retreat after a long day on the water.
As the San Juan River’s only restaurant with two professional chefs on staff, we provide an experience that sets us apart from other accommodations. Our cuisine has distinctive American regional flavors incorporating continental techniques. We offer first-rate meals year-round that are certain to exceed expectations. As chefs who fly fish on their days off, they fully cherish our role in your overall experience at Soaring Eagle Lodge.