WESTERN TROUT FISHING AT ITS FINEST
Join Nomada Fly Fish as we travel to Casper, Wyoming, to experience iconic western trout fishing on the famed North Platte River!
Spring is arguably the best time to fish the North Platte’s Grey Reef and Miricle Mile tailwater sections in terms of quantity and quality—with a few thousand trout per mile and some reaching up to 10-pounds. Sure, the weather can be a little unpredictable. However, it’s worth it when you’re stuffing fish after fish in the net, and your next cast may yield the rainbow or brown trout of a lifetime.
Grey Reef Anglers Lodge and Guide Service provide our guests with memorable angling and a comfortable stay. After a fun-packed day of fighting fish with their knowledgeable guides, you’ll retreat to the rustic charm of their newly constructed Swedish Cope Lodge. The rooms feature two or three full-size beds and decks with breathtaking views of the river valley.
Additional amenities include a homecooked breakfast and dinner prepared daily, shore lunches with your guide, and a hospitality room with a pool table and big-screen TV to kick back and relax.
Western fly fishing doesn’t get much better than this, so join Nomada for one of the best trout fisheries the west has to offer!
- 4 Nights at Grey Reef Anglers Lodge
- 3 Days Guided Drift Boat Fishing
- All meals, snacks, and drinks (excluding alcohol)
- All taxes & fees
- Note: price is per angler/guest based on multiple-occupancy; 2-3 anglers/guests per room. Single angler and/or individual room options may be available; contact trip host for details
- Flies provided
- Fly rods available
- Waders & boots available
- Satellite TV & Wi-Fi
- Air transportation to Casper, WY
- Ground transportation from Casper to Grey Reef Anglers Lodge
- Wyoming state fishing license
- Standard gratuity for guides
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5 to 6 weight fly rods
- Floating fly lines
- Fast sinking line (optional)
- Insulation layer
- Rain jacket
- Polarized sunglasses
- Classic western tail-water in picturesque upland prairie setting
- Trophy-size rainbow and brown trout
- Primarily drift boat fishing with several opportunities to wade outside the boat
GREY REEF ANGLERS LODGE:
New Swedish Cope Log Lodge Includes private decks, private rooms with private bathrooms, overlooking the entire river valley and the lower Grey Reef section of the North Platte River.