BODACIOUS TROUT IN BIG SKY COUNTRY
Join Nomada Fly Fish as we travel to Fort Smith, Montana, searching for trophy-size brown and rainbow trout on the Big Sky State’s famed Bighorn River!
Boasting one of the most prolific trout populations in the US—an estimated 4,000 fish per mile—with typical sizes ranging from 14-16 inches and 20-plus-inch fish lurking—this word-class fishery is truly a fly anglers playground.
We’ll be rooming, dining, and drift fishing with arguably the best outfitter on the river, thanks to our friends at Kingfisher Lodge. Their plush accommodations include two queen beds and private bathrooms in each room and satellite TV and Wi-Fi in the main lodge. Each day begins with a hot breakfast and ends with a tasty dinner prepared by the lodge’s resident chef. The guides will provide lunches on the water.
Ground transportation from Billings Logan International Airport is not included in the advertised price. However, we’re happy to help coordinate shuttle services if needed.
Whether the Bighorn River is a bucket list fishery or an old favorite, give Nomada a call, and make it a trip to remember.
- 4 Nights at Kingfisher Lodge
- 3 Days Guided Drift Boat Fishing
- All meals, snacks, and drinks (excluding alcohol)
- All taxes & fees
- Note: price is per angler/guest based on double-occupancy; 2 anglers/guests per room. Single angler and/or individual room options may be available; contact trip host for details
- Flies provided
- Fly rods available
- Satellite TV & Wi-Fi in the main lodge
- Air transportation to Billings, MT
- Ground transportation from Billings to Kingfisher Lodge
- Waders & boots (available for rent)
- Montana state fishing license
- Standard gratuity for guides
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5 to 6 weight fly rods
- Floating fly lines
- Fast sinking line (optional)
- Insulation layer
- Rain jacket
- Polarized sunglasses
- Classic western tail-water in picturesque upland prairie setting
- Trophy-size rainbow and brown trout
- Primarily drift boat fishing with several opportunities to wade outside the boat
Established in 1991, Kingfisher Lodge has been guiding anglers on the Bighorn River for 27 years.
After a great day on the river, settle in and revitalize at the lodge. Soak in breathtaking views of the Bighorn mountains, curl up with a book, observe the surrounding bird habitat, or enjoy the lodge social life. At Kingfisher your day is that simple, our staff and guides will take care of the rest.
Rooms feature 2 queen beds, private bathroom, mini fridge, A/C, and hair dryers.