BODACIOUS TROUT IN BIG SKY COUNTRY
Join Nomada Fly Fish as we travel to Fort Smith, Montana, searching for trophy-size brown and rainbow trout on the Big Sky State’s famed Bighorn River!
Boasting one of the most prolific trout populations in the US—an estimated 4,000 fish per mile—with typical sizes ranging from 14-16 inches and 20-plus-inch fish lurking—this word-class fishery is truly a fly anglers’ playground.
We’ll be rooming, dining, and drift fishing with arguably the best outfitter on the river, thanks to our friends at Bighorn River Lodge. Their plush accommodations include two queen beds and private bathrooms in each room, and satellite TV and Wi-Fi in the main lodge. Each day begins with a hot breakfast and ends with a tasty dinner prepared by the lodge’s resident chef. The guides will provide lunches on the water.
Ground transportation from Billings Logan International Airport is not included in the advertised price. However, we’re happy to help coordinate shuttle services if needed.
Whether the Bighorn River is a bucket list fishery or an old favorite, give Nomada a call, and make it a trip to remember.
- 4 Nights at Bighorn River Lodge
- 3 Days Guided Drift Boat Fishing
- All meals, snacks, and drinks (excluding alcohol)
- All taxes & fees
- Note: price is per angler/guest based on double occupancy; 2 anglers/guests per room. Single angler and/or individual room options may be available; contact trip host for details
- Flies provided
- Fly rods available
- Satellite TV & Wi-Fi in the main lodge
- Air transportation to Billings, MT
- Ground transportation from Billings to Bighorn River Lodge
- Waders & boots (available for rent)
- Montana state fishing license
- Standard gratuity for guides
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5 to 6-weight fly rods
- Floating fly lines
- Fast sinking line (optional)
- Insulation layer
- Rain jacket
- Polarized sunglasses
- Classic western tail-water in a picturesque upland prairie setting
- Trophy-size rainbow and brown trout
- Primarily drift boat fishing with several opportunities to wade outside the boat
BIGHORN RIVER LODGE:
Your epic day of fishing the Bighorn River will conclude at the Lodge’s private boat ramp, where our attentive staff awaits your arrival. The Bighorn River Lodge is the only lodge situated directly on the bank of the upper Bighorn River, so jump out of your waders and into the inviting atmosphere of a resort that reflects the rustic elegance and hospitality of the Big Sky Country.
The Bighorn River Lodge is crafted in the log-style construction that is representative of historic Montana. The Lodge comprises five different bedrooms, each with its own unique personality and décor. Guests enjoy luxurious double occupancy rooms that have been updated and renovated for your comfort. Each room features a pair of soft, warm beds adorned with fine linens, a private bathroom, and plush accommodations. King-size beds are available for couples on request. With the addition of the Caddis Cabin, we can easily accommodate groups of up to fourteen.
A warm and inviting hearth room is where most guests congregate to swap stories of the big one that didn’t get away. Enjoy a crackling fire in the fireplace and delicious hors d’oeuvres. Step out onto our spacious deck and take in one of Montana’s breathtaking sunsets while the finishing touches are made on dinner.
The Bighorn River Lodge has been described by our guests as “a gourmet restaurant disguised as a fishing lodge.” Guests can expect hearty Montana-style breakfasts, delicious handmade boat lunches, and savory home-cooked dinners that are beyond compare. It is truly exquisite cuisine, prepared from scratch every day.